November 1, 2012

Goodbye U-Part Wigs, Hello, again, Sew In's! (Why I Gave Up U-Part Wigs)


I discovered U-Part wigs via Youtube early this year, sometime around January-February. That was around the time I decided I was going to give my hair the proper care that it needs and deserves. I also wanted to grow my hair out to it's full potential. March rolled around and I started my hair journey. I went through half wigs and eventually I made my first u-part unit. I was in love. It allowed me to oil my scalp, co-wash, wash, whatever I wanted to do to my hair. I was also doing the GHE around that time. Yes, my hair had grown, but  not as it was with my sew in's. 7 Months and 3 weeks later, I decided that I was tired of wearing u-part wigs. My wigs were lumpy, my tracks would bunch up, and my units no longer fit. Mind you, my units were done to perfection! I also started noticing that since my u-part units were so heavy on my head, it was breaking off my nape area and I was not having that. I had to make a change. 
Last week, I took my Brazilian curly off of my u-part wig and installed it as a sew in. Boy, how I missed it. I realized that sew in's had grown my hair so much in the past and since I had moved on to u-part wigs, it hadn't grown as much as it used to with sew in's, even though I was taking care of my hair underneath. I believe my hair likes to be left alone, and oiled every so often. So I am back to the basics with my sew in's. I will be doing a series of my hair journey and my sew in journey on youtube.com/exxxpensive I want to track my progress and show you all that sew in's are a great protective style as long as you take care of your hair underneath. 
I am not saying that I won't ever go back to u-parts; but for now, sew in's are the way to go for me. Especially since winter is coming. 
If anybody is interested in my journey check out my channel youtube.com/exxxpensive , blog thehairmuse.blogspot.com and my hairlista page for my current regimen. 
I will be showing how to take care of your weaves and your hair underneath as well.
xo,
C.J

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this interesting post. I am facing hair loss problem for long time and now i started wearing wigs. I buy some wigs from online store Elevate Styles but i don't know how to take care of them properly. Your tips are really very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete