March 7, 2012

Green House Effect Progress Chart

This will be my post that I use to track/update my GHE Progress, it can be found at the side bar or on my links under "My Challenges"

Week 1 


3/7/2012 (Night)
Tonight is my first time trying the green house effect. I lightly applied my mixture of V05 S&C Conditioner, HE Hello Hydration and Doo Grow Mega Thick Growth Oil to my bee hive, followed by mu oil mixture and JBCO to my scalp, edges and hairline. I put a plastic bag around my hair, followed by a silk scarf, beanie, another silk scarf and a silk bonnet on top.

3/8/2012 (Morning)
Woke up this morning. My hair totally soaked up all the oil and conditioner that I put in it the night before! This is crazy! My hair is very dry and needs lots of moisture. I guess I will have to add a lot more oil tonight. So far so good!
I started off with dry hair but I did add conditioner + my oil mixtures so I thought my hair would be somewhat damp but I woke up and it was completely dry! As if I'd never put anything in it to begin with. That just shows me that my hair is dehydrated. I want to try this with an actual leave in conditioner. I need to purchase my Cantu!

3/9/2012 (Morning)
Last night I over did it with the oil mix, mixed the Hask Placenta leave in with V05 S&C MH, HE Hello Hydration and oiled my scalp with JBCO. Once again, my hair soaked it all up! With the exception of my leave out which got the full effect. I flat ironed it the night before(low heat), put in flexi rods and put it under the plastic bag with my braids. It was damp and my roots had curled up from the GHE. I'm going to get my Cantu, hair mayo, etc this weekend to see how my hair reacts to it.

3/9/2012 (Night)
I started off with spraying my conditioner mix, Haska Placenta, V05, HE Hello Hydration and olive oil, followed by oiling my scalp with JBCO, then I sprayed me oil mixture, then I sprayed Organic Shea Butter all over. My hair was very oily. I wanted to see how my hair would react with extra oil.

3/10/2012 (Morning)
My hair retained  .01% more moisture this morning but my plastic bag keeps slipping back during the night. I have to go to the BSS tomorrow! I'm guessing the more oil the better? I'm going to co-wash tomorrow to avoid the oil clogging my scalp.

3/10/2012(Night)
So, Sundays = Co-Wash/Braid day. But, I decided to take down my beehive early to get the full GHE effect. So I've been noticing that my hair wasn't retaining oil but when I took down my braids my hair was VERY soft and somewhat oily. Not drenched, but oily. I decided to spray it with water, comb it out, plat it, and seal it with my oil mixture which is now 65% Doo Grow Mega Thick Growth Oil. My hair was so soft! The only problem I have is tangling/shedding when I take my braids down. I need to invest in a good detangler. I can't wait to see the results tomorrow after I take these braids down and co-wash. I may be tripping but I feel like my hair grew at least 1/2 an inch within the past week!


3/11/2012 (Night)
I did my hair regimen for Week 2 and proceeded with my shower cap, scarf, beanie, scarf, and silk bonnet.

3/12/2012 (Morning)
GHE last night, oiled scalp with JBCO [morning and night] - Starting to get the full effects using a shower cap.


3/13/2012 (Morning)
Same as 3/12/2012




Week 2

 3/14/2012 (Morning)
GHE last night, sprayed oil mix onto scalp

3/15/2012 (Night)
JBCO - Scalp
Oil Mix - Spray
Via Stimulating Grow Cream - Scalp

3/16/2012(Night) 
Rebraided hair pattern, Via Stimulator x JBCO on scalp

3/17/2012(Night)
See date above

3/18/2012(Night)
Sunday = Wash night, see "My Regimens Tab" , followed by GHE

3/19/2012
Sprayed oil mix onto scalp, followed by GHE

3/20/2012
Sprayed oil mix onto scalp, followed by GHE

Week 3

3/21/2012

Sprayed oil mix onto scalp, followed by GHE


3/22/2012

Sprayed oil mix onto scalp, followed by GHE

No comments:

Post a Comment