March 14, 2012

Review: My First Instant Weave - Amber


I decided to give up weaves for a while and give Instant Weaves a try(protective styling). I think I am obsessed.
I love long hair and I love curly hair. I am also a big fan of side parts. When I was doing my research on Half Wigs and I came across Amber come how. It...or "She" as many Youtubers would refer to it, was everything I was looking for! I looked at so many youtube reviews and tutorials on"her" before buying her. I rushed out and got her the next day. Seriously, this instant weave is beautiful. It's VERY long, and gets VERY big after a while. If you aren't into big hair; don't buy her. If you aren't into long hair; don't buy her. It's been about a week and a half I believe since I've had her and well, let me just cut to the chase.

  • When I first opened the package she was very flat and shiny. I had to finger comb her ALOT to give her some body.
  • She was VERY shiny so I had to put a massive amount of baby powder to reduce the shine.
  • A few days past by and she got very tangled and matted. I'm transitioning from low maintenance virgin Indian hair to cheap synthetic weaves; so I'm learning how to take care of my wigs. 
  • About two days ago I decided to comb her out a bit and soak her in some cold water for a few minutes and give her a small wash.
  • The next day, she was softer and less tangled, but still frizzy.
  • I had to wear a hair scarf over her for about two days. 
  • Today, I just soaked her in some water; put some V05 S&C MM conditioner on her, finger combed her, detangled her, and cut out some of the knotts. I am now laying her flat to dry. The biggest problem is the frizziness and the matting. The curls are so beautiful when you first get her, but it gets pretty bad a few days later. 
Since, I'm new to synthetic hair I am going to keep doing my research on how to take care of it. I assume it shouldn't be that hard as long as you know what you're doing. It's not like Indian hair where you just need to brush it out or comb it to revive it; doing this is a process! especially since it's curly hair. I just bought my second one in a 1b. I'm not using it until I'm finished with this one. Since it's my first instant weave I'm considering trial and error. 

Pros:
Very long, for those who are into it
Very soft, when you first get her
Beautiful
Can be worn as a middle part or side bang

Cons:
It gets VERY big and almost unmanageable after a while. 
High Maintenance 
Gets matted/tangled

No comments:

Post a Comment