March 16, 2012

Can You Flat Iron Curly Synthetic Hair?

The answer is yes. My Amber instant weave was getting matted, frizzy and it was so tangled. Every night when I try to revive it I find a bunch of extra hair in my hands and on the floor. I was coming it out and I was going to try to bring the curls back but instead I decided to do my research and see if it was possible to flat iron synthetic hair and indeed it is! My Amber instant weave is now straight! I love it. I did have a couple incidents where small parts got burned but thats only because I don't have a mannequin or anything like that. You can't even tell. I will take pictures of it very soon. The key to flat ironing synthetic hair is water!
Spray the water on the hair, and pass the flat iron on it quickly. Start off on the lowest temperature possible. I eventually raised the temperature on mine when I realized it could handle more heat than I expected, all in all; I am very satisfied with the outcome. I am going to try to bring back the curls this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment