July 24, 2014

Product Review: Suave Naturals Rosemary+Mint Conditioner


Rating: 4.5/5

I'd been eyeing this product for a while now. A lot of people rave about the Almond & Shea Butter conditioner; but me being me and wanting not to jump onto the bandwagon, decided to try out the Rosemary+Mint Conditioner. Now I must say, for the price of this product one must should not complain. I purchased the 14.5 fl oz bottle from Walmart for about 1.95. the 25.5 FL oz bottle is about $2.88. My first instinct was to pick up the biggest bottle because the amount of product you get for the price is unbeatable, but I had to remind myself that I did not want to be stuck with this product if my hair did not like it. So the 14.5 fl oz bottle it was! Let's get to the specifics.



Smell : This product lives up to it's name. It indeed smells like natural rosemary with a very small hint of mint. The smell is not over powering and it smells very clean. The scent does not linger so once it has been washed out you no longer smell it. What I really like it that it does smell natural and not artificial.

Consistency : This consistency of this conditioner is just right. Not too thick, not too thin. I personally slab on a lot of conditioner on my head because I like to feel like it's actually "doing something" and as an "invigorating clean" conditioner that is what I expect it to do, especially since I do not use shampoo on a regular basis.



Does it live up to its name? : Yes, and no. As far as the whole "100% natural products used" and the use of "rosemary+mint", yes. It is very convincing. As far as it being an "invigorating" I beg to differ. When I saw "rosemary+mint" I instantly thought that there would be some tingling or minty sensation when I applied this product to my scalp. That is what made me purchase this product in the first place but there was none at all! They should just call it rosemary conditioner because the mint is not really there. I was disappointed when I noticed that there was no minty sensation after conditioning my hair with this product twice. However, I keep reminding myself of the price and how I can't expect Vidal Sassoon quality.

How did your hair like it? : Because this is a clarifying/cleansing conditioner and not a moisturizing conditioner my hair felt like it had been stripped. I use that term lightly because it is not a moisturizing conditioner. I made sure to conditioner with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

Would you buy it again? : I would buy it again. I usually go for the V08 Clarifying Kiwi Lime Conditioner when I want something to clarify my hair and scalp but I would probably use this instead since they claim to use 100% natural products and finding a big bottle of this product is not hard.

Do you recommend it? : Yes, I do. You can not beat the price. Despite the fact that there is no minty sensation (yes, that bothers me) the overall quality of this product is decent. You can get a huge bottle for less than $3.00. This product is perfect for those of us who use a lot of conditioner at once. You won't feel guilty about it because you get so much for what you pay for.

Where can I buy it? : The great thing about this product is its availability and price. It can be found at your local drug store (i.e Walgreens, CVS, Duane Reade etc.), grocery store, Walmart, Target etc. It should not be anymore than $3.00 for the biggest bottle. I would suggest purchasing it from Walmart because the price of it was a couple cents cheaper than the ones I saw at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment